|Intakes||February, July and October|
|Program Fee||$28,750 (Additional Fees will apply)|
This two-semester program helps our students develop job-ready skills, take advantage of the university’s strong connections with the local business community and engage with international case studies and cross-cultural learning. The Degree Transfer Commerce is the same curriculum as Year 1 of the Bachelor of Commerce, and our successful graduates progress directly to Year 2 of the degree, In addition to the selected units, you will also undertake Academic English to enhance your understanding and help refine your academic skills.
Students who complete this program can also choose to enter the Bachelor of Construction Management (Building)(Honours) with 40 credit points as they will be granted credit for the following electives;
Students will experience the $100 million Business School in the heart of Newcastle City Centre for duration of their studies. The city campus, opened in May 2017 is one of the most modern university buildings in the world with cutting edge facilities and it is located a three minute walk from the University of Newcastle College of International Education building. There is a light rail stop right outside of the building and students who wish to travel to the main campus, can hop on the campus shuttle bus for free every 30 minutes.
Students also have the option of progressing to the university’s Ourimbah campus on the New South Wales Central Coast. Nestled amidst beautiful bushland, the campus is just an hour from both Sydney and Newcastle, with numerous public transport services running to the campus including a train connection to Sydney and Newcastle.
The following degree majors are available to students once they enter Year 2 of the degree;
- Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting)
- Bachelor of Commerce (Economics)
- Bachelor of Commerce (Finance)
- Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- Bachelor of Business/Bachelor of Commerce
- Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Business Analytics
Ten Core Courses
- ACFI1001 Accounting for Decision Makers
- ACFI1002 Accounting Practice
- ACFI1003 Introduction to Finance
- ECON1001 Microeconomics for Business Decisions
- ECON1002 Macroeconomics in the Global Economy
- LEGL1001 Foundations of Law
- MNGT1001 Introduction to Management
- Academic English A
- Academic English B
- STAT1060 Business Decision Making
Scholarships are available for all remaining intakes in 2021. These are awarded as a tuition fee reduction in the final trimester of your college program.
To find out what is available for you, please email CIE@newcastle.edu.au and we will send you the details of the scholarships available for your preferred program.