|Intakes||January, May and September|
|Program Fee||$32,400 (Additional Fees will apply)|
The University of Newcastle College of International Education Pre-Master’s Program offers a direct pathway for international students wishing to study a range of Master’s degrees at the University of Newcastle. Successful completion of the program provides students with 30 credit points towards various postgraduate degrees.
The Pre-Master’s Program is taught over two trimesters. In the first Bridging trimester, you’ll develop your study and research skills, and English academic language in writing, reading, listening and speaking. By the second Pre-Master’s trimester, you’ll begin studying university subjects that are part of your chosen Master’s program. On successful completion of the Pre-Master’s Program, you’ll receive credit for these subjects and jump straight into the second trimester of your degree.
Why study the Pre-Master’s?
- Flexible entry and English language requirements.
- Our Bridging to Pre-Master’s trimester model means you begin your Master’s courses after just one trimester, and then progress straight into the second trimester of the Master’s program.
- You receive extra support to develop your English and academic study skills.
- With all the preparation, you still only add an additional four months to your degree.
Trimester 1: Five core bridging courses (non-credit bearing)
- Academic English A
- Critical Thinking for Postgraduate Studies
- Intercultural Studies
- Quantitative Skills for Postgraduate Studies
- Study and Research Skills
Trimester 2: English and three credit-bearing courses
- Academic English B
Three of the following credit-bearing courses:
- GSBS6001 Managing Under Uncertainty
- GSBS6002 Foundations of Business Analysis
- GSBS6004 Organisational Behaviour and Design
- GSBS6005 Marketing Management and Planning
- GSBS6200 Financial and Management Accounting
These Masters programs are available after successful completion of the Pre Masters program:Master of Accounting/Master of Business Administration (Sydney campus only)
Master of Applied Finance
Master of Business Administration
Master of Business Administration (Global)
Master of Business Psychology
Master of Health Economics, Management & Policy (20 credit points only)
Master of Health Economics, Management & Policy (Global) (20 credit points only)
Master of Health Economics, Management & Policy/Master of Business Administration
Master of Human Resource Management
Master of International Business
Master of Marketing
Master of Business Administration/Master of Applied Finance
Master of Business Administration/Master of Human Resource Management
Master of Business Administration/Master of Marketing
Master of Business Administration/Master of International Business
Scholarships are available for all remaining intakes in 2021. These are awarded as a tuition fee reduction in the final trimester of your college program.
To find out what is available for you, please email CIE@newcastle.edu.au and we will send you the details of the scholarships available for your preferred program.