|Intakes||January, May and September|
|Program Fee||$32,400 (Additional Fees will apply)|
The University of Newcastle College of International Education Pre-Master’s Program offers a direct pathway for international students wishing to study a range of Master’s degrees at the University of Newcastle. Successful completion of the program provides students with 30 credit points towards various postgraduate degrees.
Students of the Pre-Master's Program Information Technology can choose to package with the following degrees;
- Master of Information Technology (Business Analytics)
- Master of Information Technology (Management Information Systems)
- Master of Information Technology (no specialisation)
Upon graduation of a Masters of Information Technology at the University of Newcastle, you will be capable of approaching complex problems with a level head, able to manage IT projects effectively and professionally, and have the technical expertise required to take on positions in electronic commerce, information systems, games development, technology management, health informatics or business systems and management.
Your career opportunities are quite diverse with possible career paths as a:
- business analyst
- database developer
- project manager
- systems analyst
- web developer
- software developer
Why study the Pre-Master’s?
- Flexible entry and English language requirements.
- Our Bridging to Pre-Master’s trimester model means you begin your Master’s courses after just one trimester, and then progress straight into the second trimester of the Master’s program.
- You receive extra support to develop your English and academic study skills.
- With all the preparation, you still only add an additional four months to your degree.
Trimester 1: Five core bridging courses (non-credit bearing)
- Academic English A
- Critical Thinking for Postgraduate Studies
- Intercultural Studies
- Quantitative Skills for Postgraduate Studies
- Study and Research Skills
Trimester 2: English and three credit-bearing courses
- Academic English B
Three of the following credit-bearing courses:
- GSBS6001 Managing Under Uncertainty
- GSBS6002 Foundations of Business Analysis
- SENG6110 Object Oriented Programming
- INFT6304 Project Planning and Management
- INFO6050 Process Analysis and Problem Solving
These Masters programs are available after successful completion of the Pre Masters program:Master of Information Technology (Business Analytics)
Master of Information Technology (Management Information Systems)
Master of Information Technology (no specialisation)
Scholarships are available for all remaining intakes in 2021. These are awarded as a tuition fee reduction in the final trimester of your college program.
To find out what is available for you, please email CIE@newcastle.edu.au and we will send you the details of the scholarships available for your preferred program.