At the College of International Education, your wellbeing is always our main priority, and there are a range of service you can access during your studies:

On Campus Safety

The University provides trained security officers to help ensure you and your property are safe at all our campuses. These officers are available 24/7, 365 days a year. If you feel unsafe on campus, have witnessed an incident or something is not quite right, you can contact the Safety and Security Services (all campuses) team at (02) 4921 5888.

Please remember, in case of a life-threatening emergency, always contact the Australian national emergency number (Police, Fire and Ambulance) at 000 before contacting the on campus security team.


Download the MyUON app and have all the information about security right at your fingertips. On the app you can:

  • track the Security shuttle in real time
  • view the most up to date Smart Paths map
  • find Security Help Points near you
  • view NUspace Shuttle timetable (linking NUspace and Callaghan)

The MyUON app is available on iOS, Android and web browsers.

Sonder App

All College of International Education students have free access to Sonder; a 24/7 multilingual personal safety and wellbeing service accessible on demand via the Sonder app, phone and in-person. Click here to find out more.

Mental Health

Being an international student and studying in a different country is very exciting, but there also challenges along the way – and sometimes, when those negative feelings don’t go away, it’s normal to want to share them with someone who can help. At the College, we want to ensure that our students are supported in taking care of their mental and psychological wellbeing. Our services include an online student counsellor, workshops and events, special consideration, and more.

Please contact your Student Experience Team for more information about the resources available to you. If you are experiencing a mental health emergency, please refer to the Emergency Contact Details below.

Health Insurance

As an international student, it’s a condition of your visa that you have a valid Overseas Student Health Cover for the duration of your stay in Australia.

The College of International Education has partnered with BUPA as our preferred provider to ensure your health is covered while you study with us.

What's Covered

Bupa Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) can help ensure you’ll be covered for the cost of medical treatments if you get sick or have an accident.

At Bupa, your insurance covers you for treatment at both public and Bupa-contracted private hospitals and provides you access to a large network of doctors.

Supporting you on and off campus

There are more than 100 Bupa stores Australia wide, so you can always speak to someone when it’s most convenient for you.

As a Bupa Member, you’ll have access to the online Overseas Student Hub for useful tips and information, and the 24-hour student advice line (1300 884 235) in 180 languages. Here, you can speak confidentially about a range of issues such as medical and accident assistance, home and property assistance, general tax and legal inquiries, personal safety, drug or alcohol issues, and trauma counselling.

Explore Bupa

You can explore the Bupa website here to understand more about what’s included in Bupa’s health cover, pricing and how to apply.

Emergency Contact Details

In case of a life-threatening emergency, always contact the Australian national emergency number (Police, Fire and Ambulance) at 000.

On Campus Security: (02) 4921 5888

Lifeline 24h Mental Health Crisis Support Line: 13 11 14

To know what to do in case of an emergency on campus, watch this video.